Let’s distribute Tracers to your team. You should have filled out your roster by now which means that every player has a Tracer number assigned to them. Your roster is accessible on your Trace Teams App.
- Press the REC button on the bottom right of your Trace Case to turn on your Tracers
- Make sure every Tracer is on and blinking red
- Open your trace teams app and click the icon with the two players
- Call out names and distribute tracers.
- Tracers are worn behind the calf on the dominant leg
- Put the Tracer into the sleeve with the blinking light facing up
- Wrap the sleeve around your leg
- Any unused tracers can be turned off by clicking the stop button in the bottom right corner.
- Put your case aside, somewhere safe.
What if a Tracer didn’t turn on?
Press and hold the button on the side of the Tracer to manually turn on it on.
What happens if I need to switch the lineup in my roster?
You can open the Roster tab in your Trace Teams app and tap to edit any player assignment.
Let’s go over how to turn on Trace Cam before your game.
- Secure your tripod 5 large steps (15 feet) from the centerline
- Mount and secure your Trace Cam
- Check to make sure your battery is fully charged
- Plug both USB cables into the battery pack.
- You will see a large red [REC] that should appear on both screens.
- Open the Trace Teams app and find the game you are currently tracing. Tap the camera icon to access the Sound Sync feature.
- Hold your phone close to your Trace Cam while you sound sync.
- Make sure you hear a loud whistle to signal you have synced properly.
- Raise the tripod and aim your camera so that the back of the battery is parallel to the field sideline.
- Now you’re ready to enjoy your game.
Why do I need to sound sync?
Sound sync is an important benchmark for Trace Cam to automatically edit your game.
- Open your Trace Teams App
- Make sure you have selected the right team (if you have multiple teams).
- Tap “Trace a New Game”
- Fill out all the required information
- Tap “Lets Go”
Where do I get the Trace Teams App?
You can find it on the Apple App Store
How do I log into the App?
Only coaches and managers can use the Trace Teams App. Your Division Owner should have invited you to join your team.
In order to set up your game properly, you will need the following:
- The Trace Teams App
- A Trace Case
- A Trace Cam
- A Trace Tripod and sandbags.