How to Trace
/ Turn on Trace Cam
Let’s go over how to turn on Trace Cam before your game.
- Secure your tripod 5 large steps (15 feet) from the centerline
- Mount and secure your Trace Cam
- Check to make sure your battery is fully charged
- Plug both USB cables into the battery pack.
- You will see a large red [REC] that should appear on both screens.
- Open the Trace Teams app and find the game you are currently tracing. Tap the camera icon to access the Sound Sync feature.
- Hold your phone close to your Trace Cam while you sound sync.
- Make sure you hear a loud whistle to signal you have synced properly.
- Raise the tripod and aim your camera so that the back of the battery is parallel to the field sideline.
- Now you’re ready to enjoy your game.
Why do I need to sound sync?
Sound sync is an important benchmark for Trace Cam to automatically edit your game.